Identification of fabric
- High count and high density fabric: high count refers to the number of yarns (commonly used in China, s represents its unit). The higher the number of yarns, the thinner the yarn constituting the fabric, and the texture of the finished product is very thin and soft. Such fabrics have high requirements for processing procedures (including dyeing and finishing), so the cost is relatively high; Generally speaking, more than 60 animal and plant fiber yarns belong to high count yarn, and more than 90 chemical fiber yarns belong to high count yarn;
- Density refers to the number of radial and weft yarns per inch of fabric. It can be divided into warp density and weft density, referred to as warp density and weft density for short. Generally, the fabric density is more than 95 pieces / inch.
- Interpretation of logo: 110 ” 60 × 40/173 × 120. Note: 110 “refers to the fabric width of 110 inches (110 × 2.54=279.4cm）； sixty × 40 refers to 60 warp yarns and 40 weft yarns for fabric; one hundred and seventy-three × 120 refers to the fabric density, with the warp density of 173 pieces / inch and the weft density of 120 pieces / inch.
Fabrics are classified by organization
- Plain weave: it is formed by interweaving warp and weft from top to bottom. Warp and weft are interwoven every other yarn. Its organization points are frequent, warp and weft are closely connected, and the cloth body is strong and hard.
- Twill: warp and weft are interlaced at least once every two yarns, with few interlacing points, high density of woven fabric, thick cloth surface and strong three-dimensional sense of organization. It is woven once, with frequent organization points, close connection between warp and weft yarn, strong and hard cloth body.
- Satin: warp and weft yarns are interwoven at least once every three yarns, with front and back sides and the least interweaving points. Therefore, the cloth surface is smooth, even, soft and shiny.
Fabric is divided by process
- Plain color: weaving before dyeing is called plain color.
- Yarn dyed fabric: dyeing before weaving is called yarn dyed fabric
- Printing: dyeing before printing is called plain color printing, and the printing background color is called Guadi printing.
- Jacquard: the pattern made by jacquard machine is large jacquard; The pattern made by dobby machine is small jacquard; Two color weft jacquard is two-color jacquard; Weft jacquard with more than two colors is called multi-color jacquard; Jacquard woven before dyed is called plain jacquard; Jacquard dyed before woven is called yarn dyed jacquard.